- Permanent, Full-time
- On-Site (Eligibility to WFH as per Company’s policy)
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
- Location: Head Office, Oakville, ON
Reporting to the Director, Finance & Controller, the Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for assisting with financial planning and budgeting processes, analyzing financial statements and reports, developing financial models, preparing projections, and performing research and analysis as may be required by leadership. As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will also be responsible for providing project teams with financial guidance and assisting with monthly closed processes.To be successful as a Senior Financial Analyst, you should be able to perform a variety of financial activities including reporting, planning, analysis, and budgeting. You should also have strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills and be able to present financial information and models in a concise and easily comprehensible manner.
The primary responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing and analyzing manufacturing cost of sales and gross margins.
- Reviewing and analyzing financial statements and reports.
- Tracking KPIs and preparing financial reports.
- Assisting with budgeting and monthly close processes.
- Understanding key business drivers.
- Assisting project teams with financial guidance.
- Developing financial projections and building financial models.
- Performing research and analysis as required.
- Support annual audit with schedules and analysis.
- Ensuring compliance with financial guidelines, company policies, and relevant legal regulations.
- Develop financial models through benchmarking and process analysis
- Forecast quarterly and annual profits
- Prepare cost projections
- Analyze and report on the current financial status
- Explore investment options and present risk and opportunities
- Coordinate with the Director, Finance & Controller and the Executive team on long-term financial planning
- Compare anticipated and actual results and identify areas of improvement
- Participate in budgeting (for departments and projects)
- Review accounting transactions for data accuracy
- Establish financial policies
- Maintain confidentiality of financial information and investment decisions
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelors or College degree in accounting, economics, finance, or a related field.
- Relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in financial reporting, planning, analysis, and modeling.
- Proven work experience as a Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Analyst or similar role
- Work experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (word, excel, forms, outlook, PowerPoint)
- Understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning systems (ERP)
- Up-to-date with accounting laws and regulations
- Good written and oral communication skills with interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent research, problem-solving, and time-management skills.
- Ability to present financial information to a non-financial audience.
- Working knowledge of financial strategies.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Detail-oriented and able to perform in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- High level of accuracy, efficiency, and accountability.
- Ability to build relationships with clients and internal departments.
- Ability to work in a team environment, and independently without supervision.
- Proactive mindset with the ability to multitask in a high-paced environment while meeting deadlines