- Permanent, Full-time
- On-Site (with 1 Day Remote Work Eligibility as per Company’s policy)
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: Head Office, Oakville, ON
The Accounts Payable Clerk will be reporting to the Director, Finance & Controller. This opportunity is responsible for handling vendor payments and other financial liabilities. While the job’s primary function is to make payments but will also be responsible for keeping precise records of payments made and owed and must work collaboratively with other accounting team members to perform audits of all transactions.
The primary responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Process accounts payable in a timely and accurate manner providing excellent customer service, including vendor inquiries and support.
- Support our US and Canadian vendors and our local Line-of-Business management teams.
- Cash flow (payments) monitoring and projection monthly.
- Summarize and consolidate total cash flow out for accounts payable, payroll, and other disbursements.
- Participation and support in the continuous improvement of the ERP financial system, focusing on accounts payable and purchasing modules.
- Support monthly project reporting, including tracking project costs to budget and analysis to support management decision-making.
- Develop/enhance a dashboard for key performance indicators for accounts payable.
- Frequent communication with project management teams to be able to report accurate costs to complete projects.
- Assist in preparing audit client schedules and any audit testing inquiries.
- Maintain precise records of all vendor payments.
- Monitor tax liabilities and ensure tax liabilities are paid on time.
- Responsible for paying and keeping records of all invoices.
- Keep track of all company credit card spending and make payments on credit accounts.
- Analyze all accounts on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to ensure payment accuracy.
- Work collaboratively with various departments to perform accounting audits.
- Prepare and mail all required tax documents.
- Analyze discrepancies with invoices and research information to discover the source of the problem, making sure all disbursements are correct and suggesting procedure changes so the problem is unlikely to happen again.
- Exercise integrity and transparency in financial documentation, reporting other personnel if there is a suspicion of fund misappropriation.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- A College diploma / certification in Accounting, Finance, or other related degree.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of relevant work experience in an accounts payable department
- Experience in manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Operating System, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook
- Proven knowledge of accounting industry-leading accounting software
- Strong basic mathematical skills
- An excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to fully address accounts payable issues.
- Ability to work either independently or collaboratively as needed.
- Ability and experience working in a deadline-oriented environment
To apply for this position please email: email@example.com