Field Service Technician
- Permanent, Full-Time
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: Oakville, ON
About This Opportunity
The primary purpose of this position is to provide Field Service in the Commissioning of new Digital LED signs and the On-Site Service and Preventative Maintenance of Digital LED signs.
The primary responsibilities and duties include; but are not limited to:
- Commissioning of new LED Signs: On-Site locations across Ontario.
- Priority Break/Fix: On-Site locations across Ontario. On-site parts replacement of LED modules, power supplies or controllers as required to repair sign.
- Remote NOC Level 1 Technical Support in Oakville ON office.
- Maintain customer satisfaction ratings based on criteria established by the company.
- Input service call information into the Service ticketing system to log customer information and actions taken along with required next steps. Diligently enter the required information into drop-down menu fields to facilitate the gathering of service and product performance metrics.
- Utilize company-provided diagnostic tools (MRI Portal) and Remote Desktop software to triage and diagnose customer-reported issues.
- In doing the above activities, create a positive customer experience while meeting company standards pertaining to the quality of work performed and in compliance with company policies, procedures, legislation, regulation, and directions and identify non-compliance for resolution.
- Participate and comply with all health and safety processes and initiatives to ensure that Media Resources remains a safe workplace
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 5 + Years Experience in Field Service and Maintenance of LED signage.
- Experience in working at heights and operation of a bucket truck and scissor lifts.
- G Drivers License
- Working at Heights & Lift Operator Certifications is considered an asset
- Ability to work independently to suggest and implement solutions for issues encountered in the field.
- Solid understanding of networking (Hardline, Wireless, and Cellular).
- Solid understanding of Electrical installation and service.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a real desire to help customers and create a positive customer experience.
- 5+ years experience in Tier I desktop supports providing similar technical responsibilities. Technical college and A+ certification is considered an asset.
- Ensure all Service requests are completed to the customer’s satisfaction in a timely manner.
- Ensure all Service calls are PROACTIVELY followed up and customers are kept updated on service ticket status.
- Ensuring all pertinent information is entered into service tickets to facilitate the gathering of service performance and product metrics.
- Field Service work is performed on-site on sign structures or when providing Help Desk support or performing depot repair in an office environment.
- This job requires some exposure to harsh weather conditions during the commissioning or servicing of outdoor LED signage.
- Strong organization and adherence to specified timelines.
- This position requires multi-tasking to ensure the varied job requirements are met.
- Flow and characteristics of work require work pressure for frequent periods of short duration or occasional periods of sustained duration.
- Ability to manage and de-escalate situations. Proven record of effectively managing conflict situations.
- Able to access and work on outdoor LED sign structures at heights up to 100 ft. in varying weather conditions.
To apply for this position please email: firstname.lastname@example.org