Field Service and Commissioning Technician
Media Resources operates from our manufacturing HQ out of Oakville, Ontario, along with our 3D and Print division facilities and operational offices in British Columbia and Alberta. Our USA offices are in Atlanta, Arizona, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Charlotte SC, Seattle, Tampa, Salt Lake City, Washington DC, and our overseas China location. Our company maintains an entrepreneurial and dynamic spirit, where team members are encouraged to innovate, achieve, and grow. Media Resources Inc. provides an opportunity to imprint an enduring personal legacy with the displays and experiences we create.
What you will do
- Commissioning of new LED Signs: On-Site locations across Ontario.
- Priority Break/Fix: On-Site locations across Ontario. On site parts replacement of LED modules, power supplies or controllers as required to repair sign.
- Remote NOC Level 1 Technical Support in Oakville ON office.
- Maintain customer satisfaction ratings based on criteria established by the company.
- Input service call information into Service ticketing system to log customer information and actions taken along with required next steps. Diligently enter required information into drop down menu fields to facilitate the gathering of service and product performance metrics.
- Utilize company provided diagnostic tools (MRI Portal) and Remote Desktop software to triage and diagnose customer reported issues.
- In doing the above activities, create a positive customer experience while meeting company standards pertaining to quality of work performed and in compliance with company policies, procedures, legislation, regulation and directions and identify non-compliance for resolution.
- Participate and comply with all health and safety processes and initiatives to ensure that Media Resources remains a safe workplace
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 + Years’ Experience in Field Service and Maintenance of LED signage.
- Experience in working at heights and operation of a bucket truck and scissor lifts.
- Ability to work independently to suggest and implement solutions for issues encountered in the field.
- Solid understanding of networking (Hardline, Wireless and Cellular)
- Solid understanding of Electrical installation and service.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a real desire to help customers and create a positive customer experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Tier I desktop support providing similar technical responsibilities. Technical college and A+ certification is considered an asset.
- Ability to work professionally with outside service providers
- Positive “enjoy life” attitude to work strong team player with excellent problem and conflict solving skills; resourceful and proactive.
- Commitment to product quality and delivery deadlines based on cost and time constraints
- Exemplary organization and time management skills; excellent multitasking ability
- Able to access and work on outdoor LED sign structures at heights up to 100 ft. in varying weather conditions.
- Ensure all Service requests are completed to the customer’s satisfaction in a timely manner.
- Ensure all Service calls are PROACTIVELY followed up and customers kept updated on service ticket status.
- Ensuring all pertinent information is entered into service tickets to facilitate the gathering of service performance and product metrics.
What we have to offer
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career.
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference.
- Field Service work is performed on site on sign structures or when providing Help Desk support or performing depot repair in an office environment.
- This job requires some exposure to harsh weather conditions during commissioning or servicing of outdoor LED signage.
- Strong organization and adherence to specified time lines.
- This position requires multi-tasking to ensure the varied job requirements are met.
- Flow and characteristics of work require work pressure for frequent periods of short duration or occasional periods of sustained duration.
- Ability to manage and de-escalate situations. Proven record of effectively managing conflict situations
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
Work remotely: No
- Personal Protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Optional weekly rapid covid testing