Digital I-Cutter / Large Format Guillotine
Media Resources operates from our manufacturing HQ out of Oakville, Ontario, along with our 3D and Print division facilities and operational offices in British Columbia and Alberta. Our USA offices are in Atlanta, Arizona, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Charlotte SC, Seattle, Tampa, Salt Lake City, Washington DC, and our overseas China location. Our company maintains an entrepreneurial and dynamic spirit, where team members are encouraged to innovate, achieve, and grow. Media Resources Inc. provides an opportunity to imprint an enduring personal legacy with the displays and experiences we create.
About this opportunity
Under the direction of the Manager, Digital Print and Finishing, this position is responsible for operating the Large Format Guillotine, Die-cutter, and I-Cutter to fulfill the trimming requirements that meet the customer’s needs and expectations while maintaining the highest level of quality and productivity.
Days: (7 am to 3:30pm)
Location: Mississauga, Ontario – Canada
What you will do
- To set up, operate and troubleshoot cutting equipment correctly and in accordance with safety standards while maintaining production standards and efficiencies.
- Ensure that each job is set up correctly as per the job docket and that all required materials are available, including docket, matrices, and quality control sheet.
- Work effectively in a team-oriented environment with assigned helper(s) to ensure and maintain quality, accuracy, and productivity throughout the production shift.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on the equipment, to keep it performing at optimal levels.
- To assist, train and share your knowledge with less experienced personnel.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Work as part of a team, follow and adhere to Transcontinental’s code of ethics and participate in the Continuous Improvements efforts.
- Fully understand and adhere to all relevant Environmental, Health and Safety, Human Resources, Quality, Security and Company policies and procedures.
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act of Ontario, the Workplace Safety Insurance Act, the Quality Management System, and all other applicable legislated regulations.
- Support and contribute to a healthy and safe work environment by following all workplace regulations, policies, and initiatives, including reporting all first aid injuries, accidents, and workplace hazards.
- Post-secondary education along with a minimum two (2) years related digital printing experience and familiar with all related print equipment.
- Computer proficiency.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Available to work continental and rotating shifts
- Flexible and quality driven.
- Able to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Available to work overtime as needed.
What we have to offer
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference. Competitive compensation package, flexible benefits, and matching RRSP.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent, Manufacturing
- Overtime pay
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Personal Protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place