Have you been considering purchasing an indoor LED screen or outdoor LED screens to promote your business? There’s been exceptional growth in the LED display market for good reason. They are an effective and informative way to capture the attention of your target audience and promote awareness of your brand. You may be familiar with the most common installation of the indoor LED screen. You’ll find these in movie theaters, hospitals, and various venues where messaging to a large audience is a necessity. Outdoor LED screens are just as effective but are used for different purposes.
What is an LED Screen?
An LED screen is a flat screen display that utilizes light emitting diodes as pixels for videos. Their high contrast ratios make them perfect for larger and expansive displays. Brightness is adjusted for LED screens outdoor displays. A pixel is the smallest unit of picture. For LED displays, pixels are displayed in two dimensional rows called a pixel matrix. The more pixels a matrix has, the higher the resolution is for an LED display. LED displays are used in a variety of industries including public transportation, gaming, casinos, entertainment, film, and many more.
Indoor LED Display vs. Outdoor LED Display
There are two types of LED displays and several differences between them. An indoor LED screen differs from outdoor LED screens in size. Larger LED displays are generally used for festivals, highway banners, and arenas. You’ll find a smaller indoor LED display screen in malls, restaurants, places of worship, and retail stores. When making a decision to purchase the best LED display for your business, knowing the differences between outdoor LED screens and an indoor LED screen can have a significant impact on your bottom line. Here are a few more important details to consider about the differences in LED displays.
- Brightness – One of the most noticeable differences of LED displays is brightness. An LED outdoor display is much brighter because it is exposed to the sun. When light is reflected or not managed properly on an LED display, the impact is significantly decreased. Since clarity is one of the main advantages of using LED displays, higher pixel density allows for close viewing. Outdoor LED screens are best for distance viewing because they contain low pixel density.
- Cost – The raw materials used to manufacture LED displays can vary greatly. Costs associated with size and point screen spacing can increase dramatically. Point screen spacing refers to the amount of bulbs required to achieve the desired effect. The smaller the distance, the more bulbs are needed. Larger screens and more bulbs can make an indoor LED screen or an outdoor LED display more expensive.
- Conditions – LED displays are manufactured to withstand different conditions. An outdoor LED display is built to withstand extreme weather conditions like rain, high heat, consistent sun, and dust. A typical outdoor LED display has IP65 waterproof levels compared to an indoor LED display screen at IP20 waterproof levels. Outdoor displays are made to withstand extreme sun and lightning while resistant to leaks for specific geographical locations. Indoor displays do not need such features.
- Resolution – The greater the resolution, the greater the LED display quality. LED displays are notorious for great resolution and an indoor LED display screen generally has the highest of the two for closer viewing. Outdoor LED screens have more pixel pitch resolution and lower resolution for viewing at greater distances.
Do You Need Outdoor LED Screens or an Indoor LED screen?
As the leading provider of solutions for the sign industry, we are a provider of SITELINE LED displays. By using custom pixel patterns, precise design faceplates, and optically downward LED patented technology, SITELINE produces high quality LED screens for indoor and outdoor use. Other notable features include:
- Interchangeable modules – SITELINE LED displays are created with industry standard 400×400 digital module LED sizes which increases light mitigation capacity and operational flexibility.
- Real time monitoring – With VISIONIQ’s automated monitoring, alerts are sent and webcam access is granted to check up on your LED display from anywhere in the world!
- Maximize uptime – Regardless of common industry malfunctions, our remote power management system and redundancy system keep your LED board maintained with multi layered protection to endure any climate.
- Eligibility – Our team of experts will be able to quickly assess your eligibility for SITELINE displays with no risk to you. If we’ve determined you are an eligible candidate, we will support you throughout the process from drawings to permit approval.
Our full service solutions include the proposal, research and design, permitting, engineering, construction, manufacturing, installation, and ongoing maintenance of high quality LED displays. There are a number of other options available for both an indoor LED display and an outdoor LED display that will fit your advertising needs. Using a universal system across pixel pitches contributes to color uniformity. Here’s what we offer:
- Indoor LED screen – The VISIONiQ displays are designed for rapid installation and easy service. Specific and exclusive features include brightness and photocell control, dual path data signal, and many others meant to increase and maintain redundancy. LED displays will continue to function with little to now downtime or failure.
- Outdoor LED screens – Our high quality LED screens outdoor displays come in both a wide angle series and highway series. Our wide angle series features the widest horizontal view in the industry, particularly well suited for urban environments where maximum visibility is essential. Narrow angle outdoor LED screens are typically used for digital billboards seen from freeways. These displays offer maximum energy efficiency.
Schedule a Free Consultation for Outdoor LED Screens and Indoor LED Display
With over 50 years of experience helping clients build their visions from concept to completion, we’ve worked in a number of different industries, including casinos, outdoor advertising, commercial signage, architecture, sports, and agencies. We assist in installation of LED displays of any size. Our resources of staff, service vehicles, and expertise make us fully equipped to handle any project from local to international. The core installation services we provide are:
- LED digital signage
- High rise installation
- Specialized installs
As the largest company in Canada, we are a leading provider of award winning services and solutions to the sign industry. Our work has been recognized globally viewed by millions in Canada and North America. You’ll find our signage located in major metropolitan areas including Times Square, New York, Dundas Square, Toronto, corporate headquarters, and major sports venues. We are currently building the most advanced automated manufacturing plant to support the in house production of the vital components of digital LED displays. With convenient locations throughout North America, we aim to be your number one source for sign installation, 3D fabrications, printing, and LED displays.
Providing the best service and products for LED displays, we provide ongoing support for your investment and installation. We are available to answer any questions you may have about our products and services through our video tutorials, support line, email, or client portal. We understand that purchasing indoor and outdoor LED displays are a significant investment that can pay long lasting dividends for your business. When you’re ready to take that next step, we are here to help.
Schedule a free consultation today to explore your LED display options!