- Full-Time, Permanent
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
- NOC Code: 72200 – Electricians
Location: Richmond, British Columbia
The Red Seal Electrician will work closely with the Installation Team to support all technical aspects of project delivery from concept/proposal through to final completion. The Red Seal Electrician will also play an essential role in supporting and implementing the design, permitting, construction, and commissioning of commercial LED projects.
The successful incumbent is a Professional Electrician with a strong background in LED retrofits and new construction. The candidate will be part of an entrepreneurial and growing team, who is able to be hands-on, and who strives to take ownership over what they do.
The Red Seal Electrician will gain essential knowledge and exposure to all areas of the business. MRI is committed to investing time and resources in developing the Electrician’s skills and experience in order to advance to more senior positions within the company.
The primary responsibilities and duties include; but are not limited to:
- Maintain all electric production equipment and respond to breakdowns with a sense of urgency.
- Analyze test results for irregularities and document these irregularities in a maintenance log.
- Ensure all other maintenance team members adhere to the documentation procedure.
- Update and log electrical changes as per ESA established standards.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics, and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
- Install electrical cables and wiring requires precise use of power hand tools.
- Source or fabricate replacement electrical components.
- Guide and oversee other apprentices or journeyman electricians.
- Repair, service electrical systems and draw up preventative maintenance measures.
- Obtain required permits, equipment, tools, and materials for projects.
- Test and troubleshoot systems. Update project records and prepare relevant documents and reports for clients.
- Liaise with clients, vendors, work collaboratively with other team members and leadership.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Completion of an apprenticeship and technical school training
- Minimum of 3 years experience as an Electrician working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Must have a Master Electrician License with strong working knowledge of the Electrical Safety.
- Relevant license or certification.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as an Electrician
- Experience in manufacturing or signage industry an asset
- Superb customer service skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and telephonic communication.
- Experience with power tools and other equipment used in construction.
- Physical strength and stamina.
- Firm grasp of health and safety codes.
- Patience when teaching apprentices.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical code specifications and regulations.
- Ability to wire equipment from blueprints is an asset.
- Able to lift, push, pull up to 50 lbs as required to perform repairs on equipment.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet tight deadlines, and work well under pressure.
- Valid driver’s license.