- Full-time, Permanent
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
- NOC Code: 70010 – Construction managers
Location: Head Office, Cornwall Road, Oakville, ON
This is a high-profile role within our organization. As a key contributor, the Project Manager will be reporting into Manager, Project Management Team, and will be client facing and tasked with oversight of a successful completion of the defined objectives. You will take pride in managing a range of opportunities from one-off high complexity type work to multi-site same scope programs being done in compressed time frames.
The primary responsibilities and duties include; but are not limited to:
- Plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict quality standards, deadlines and budget while maintaining highlevels of safety and customer satisfaction. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and sub-contractors in order to deliver projects according to plan and budget.
- Define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle in coordination with the Design Team.
- Work closely with the Executive Team to ensure timely and quality completion of construction process and strategies for the acquisition of new work.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Define project scope and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with executive management
- Develop project plans and schedule.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members in a timely and clear fashion.
- Communicate with customers on an ongoing basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and customers.
- Draft and submit budget changes orders to Estimating/Sales/Client where necessary.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations.
- Issue status reports to the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Work collaboratively with the executive and field operations team and to maximize productivity.
- Maintain contact and communicate with clients/ field services and sub-contractors to ensure smooth and effective project completion.
- Review and detail the information required on WO for Operation/ Manufacturing/ Field Services/ Sub-contractors.
- Obtain necessary permits, road closures, traffic control, rental equipment etc.
- Coordinate manufacturing/ field services and sub-Contractors for the scope of the project
- Initiate the External Kick off meeting with client and ensure that information gathered in meeting is communicated and documented for all parties.
- Development of detailed plans for a project, including the schedule, the budget, outlining the duties of each team members, identifying project goals, and setting a timeline for the project.
- Invoice accounts / projects
- Once a project is complete, the Project Manager, is responsible for gathering and documenting all project results and then reporting or presenting them to the appropriate parties. This usually includes clients and upper-level management. They should report on the success of the project and any setbacks that were encountered or room for improvement.
- Other additional responsibilities as required.
Requirements / Qualifications:
Any of the following will be consider for this role:
- A 4-year degree in business or related management type course study
- Formal training and Construction Management & Processes
- Degree in Construction management
- Formal Project Management certifications
- 5+ years in a project-based environment with special emphasis in construction, signage and working with direct employees and sub-contractors.
- Microsoft Dynamics proficiency for Business Central applications
- Ability to estimate all phases of sign installation applications.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Ability to coordinate with multiple departments and locations.
- Understand and manage project documents and requirements.
- Maintain project budget parameters, company purchase order and billing requirements.
- Internal communication for increased productivity & customer satisfaction
- Understanding of Permitting processes
- Ability to collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholders.