Senior Project Manager
- Permanent, Full-Time
- On-site (with eligibility to work from home)
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: Head Office, Oakville ON
About This Opportunity
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) that span across one or more business units. The successful incumbent will be responsible for managing resources, schedules, financials and adhering to quality and control guidelines throughout the full systems development life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks, and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
The individual will have the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis. Verify that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case.
The primary responsibilities and duties include; but are not limited to:
- Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business for the Installation department.
- Provide on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously.
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives.
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test, and deployment management activities
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence.
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools, and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization.
- Procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable dependencies, risks, and issues communicating across leadership.
- Understand interdependencies between technology, operations, and business needs.
- Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address client goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices.
- Act as an internal quality control check for the project
- Manage ongoing quality control and participate in quality issue resolution.
- Assist in dispute, negotiation, arbitration, or litigation, as needed.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects.
- 5+ years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment.
- 1+ years of previous experience with gathering requirements from the client / business and documentation.
- 3+ years of experience with full product lifecycle with an understanding of development lifecycle and various technology methodologies that support that lifecycle.
- Work experience in a manufacturing environment and signage industry is an asset
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and SharePoint with experience presenting to stakeholders and/or Senior Leadership
- Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability of business needs.
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple area to achieve a common business objective.
- Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate, and enhance performance within a cross-functional environment.
- Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions, and identifying priorities.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence.
- Build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus, and achieve objectives.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
- Research best practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data and use continuous process improvement disciplines to achieve results.
- Experience leading, motivating, and managing various project and program team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding team accountable for performance
- Strong experience presenting to executive sponsors and demonstrated communication skills; both written and oral with technical and non-technical staff, all levels of management.
- Experience influencing and gaining buy-in from executive sponsors, team members, stakeholders and peers
- Team-building skills with technical and non-technical staff
- Experience working both independently and, in a team, -oriented, collaborative environment.
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
- Support a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Office environment with prolonged sitting, typing and phone usage
- Manual dexterity is required to use a desktop computer and peripherals
- Ability to travel 25% of the time if necessary
- Time management
- Memory recall
To apply for this position please email: email@example.com