- Permanent, Full-Time
- On-Site (with eligibility to work from home)
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: Head Office, Oakville, ON
We are looking for an experienced Reliability Engineer who is passionate about building reliable physical products from concept to lifecycle management. We are interested in attaining a new level of rigor in product development and are thus seeking a person with very strong theoretical and practical background in reliability. We hope this person will be an active advocate and teacher for the practice of reliability to our engineering and production teams.
Our company develops digital LED display systems for both indoor and outdoor applications: some of the most advanced of their kind in the world. These displays are frequently used in revenue-generating applications such as advertising, where uptime and longevity matter the most to our customers, retail environments where brand image is critical and in command & control environments where all aspects are critical. Reliability has been a key factor in our company’s growth and success and is a topic we treat with utmost respect. Our 10 years of continuous growth and growing market share against all competitors is proof that our customers agree.
As part of our Global Product Engineering team led by Media Resources’ Chief Product Architect, you will participate at all stages of the ideation, design, development and manufacturing systems of our display products as a key technical stakeholder and advisor. We are developing cutting-edge products in our markets and recognize that the risks of poor design for reliability are high. You will be the owner for a myriad of reliability related areas including DFMEA processes, supply chain and component qualification, production/field failure data aggregation and so forth. To aid your quest to create the most reliable display systems, you will have resources such as your own direct report Test Engineering Team.
If you are a lifelong advocate for integrated product reliability, we hope you will join our team to apply your mastery.
The primary responsibilities and duties include; but are not limited to:
- Acquire a strong understanding of company products, technology, supply chain, production processes and customer requirements
- Develop and own a total design reliability program that ties together (or supersedes) existing processes/methods with best practices from highly rigorous industries
- Acts as the technical expert stakeholder on all matters of reliability.
- Propose new or revised product designs, manufacturing processes and testing specifications oriented to produce increasing reliability
- Develop the methods and measures utilized for reliability analysis based on product specifications, tolerances, or operating standards
- Analyze and evaluates the reliability of products, equipment, components, and processes using engineering methodologies and tools.
- Set Reliability requirements for components, subsystems, and assemblies.
- Oversee Testing Program and testing activities and interpret results for assessment of reliability.
- Conduct in-depth Life Data Analyses; Develop and support development of data gathering and data management processes to obtain relevant statistical metrics such as mean time between failure and mean time to repair
- During product problems, lead the resolution efforts using methodologies such as 8D, Ishikawa, root cause analysis
- Coach and mentor technical teammates on conceptual and practical matters relating to reliability
- Engage and work with outside firms or consultants for advanced topics.
- Provide guidance for development of acceptance testing and inspection standards for Overseas supply chain group.
- Provide requirements and advisory on traceability practices in order to aid Life Data Analyses and other reliability related activities.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Science, Mechanical, Electrical or Systems Engineering or other relevant Engineering discipline.
- Multi-disciplinary Engineering Degrees (such as University of Toronto Engineering Science or University of Waterloo Systems Design Engineering) are highly desirable.
- Graduate degrees (Masters or PhD) are an asset.
- Minimum of 5+ years of work experience in Reliability Engineering with proven examples with real products in real settings (ideally involving electronics)
- Preference for work experience in technically demanding/rigorous industries such as Semiconductors, Telecomm, Aerospace, Automotive/Locomotive, Military, Medical Devices.
- Exceptional ability to understand complex engineering data points and trends.
- Strong mathematical and problem-solving abilities, with emphasis on statistical analysis
- Familiarity with reliability models and their practical application
- Competency with relevant reliability-related, statistical analysis, and/or CAD software.
- Ability to develop testing procedures to test specific attributes related to reliability.
- Ability to interpret results for testing software, reliability tests and use cycle analysis.
- Strong communication abilities to write detailed technical documents for internal and external use.
- Excellent communicator able to concisely explain technical concepts and instruct others.
- Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions and identifying priorities
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
To apply for this position please email: firstname.lastname@example.org