About This Opportunity
The Production Supervisor will be responsible to manage the day-to-day operations of the shift and ensure that all company standards and customer commitments (safety, quality, production, cost, and on-time delivery) are met. The successful incumbent will work in a collaborative environment and coordinate production operations and maintain effective quality procedures and safety regulations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive the production staff to work efficiently and safely to meet the production target
- Develop trust, rapport, and collaboration with the team
- Help to create a ‘right first-time’ manufacturing environment
- Conduct daily ‘start-of-shift’ and ‘end-of-shift’ meetings with the production team to review safety considerations, expectations for the day, progress hand-offs, admin topics, etc.
- Monitor employees for work efficiency and job accuracy; motivate as needed
- Coordinate with lead hands (technical leads) to ensure day-to-day work progress/expectations are being met; these expectations are measured and monitored against key production indicators (KPIs)
- Work closely with the inventory supervisor to ensure accurate production planning and just-in-time delivery of materials
- Monitor job costing reporting of production staff to ensure accurate project costing
- Identify and take action on process improvements to increase efficiency
- Recruit, select, and train employees, developing personal growth opportunities
- Coach employees and communicate job expectations by initiating, coordinating, and maintaining systems, policies, and procedures
- Complete production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems, and maintaining quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Ensure the operation of equipment through a preventative maintenance program and coordinate repairs when required.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing the use of all control points, equipment, and resources, maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures
- Conduct safety inspections
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a supervisory/management role in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to instruct, direct and evaluate employees.
- Ability to build trust and confidence with management and supervision
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel
- Experience driving employee engagement in a manufacturing environment is desired
- Mechanical aptitude, experience collaborating with maintenance, equipment root cause analysis, as well as corrective/preventative actions, is desired.
- Physical labor work
- Lifting or moving boxes up to 50 lbs. may be required.
- Time management
- Memory recall
To apply for this position please email: email@example.com