About This Opportunity
Reporting to the Director of Health & Safety, the Junior Health & Safety Specialist will help support the development, delivery, and monitoring of employee safety and prevention programs in alignment with legislation, best practices, and departmental and organizational goals and objectives.
The primary responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working in conjunction with the Director of Health & Safety to compile evidence to achieve ISO 45001 certification across all Canadian & U.S. Divisions
- Monitoring of H&S System database & employee files to ensure all Training requirements are up-to-date
- Assist in the Training & Monitoring of Driver ELD Compliance & H&S Field Service forms
- Coordinate new employee orientations and ensure field employees have the appropriate site-specific orientations if applicable.
- Assist in compiling & monitoring the company’s health & safety statistics & KPI data. Provide Weekly/Monthly Report details to H&S Director.
- Conduct Incident Investigations with Root Cause Analysis and provide report details to H&S Director.
- Assist with WSIB Modified Work & RTW Programs
- Conduct Monthly Facility inspections. Conduct periodic site inspections throughout the GTA
- Creating Safety Bulletins/Notices, Weekly Safety Talks for distribution to employees.
- Co-Chair the JHSC Meetings and participate in other applicable safety meetings.
- Assist in evaluating hazardous conditions and practices, and develops hazard control practices and programs.
- Monitor company Safe Work Practices and Safe Job Procedures. Report on any non-compliance issues.
- Guide and assists employees at various locations with any safety and health concerns.
- Assist in the management of the U.S. Driver Qualification Program (DOT)
- Audit U.S. & Western Canada Training Records and provide report updates to H&S Director.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Occupational Health and Safety Diploma, or certificate program an asset
- 2+ years of Health & Safety experience in a construction or manufacturing environment
- Work experience in a manufacturing environment and signage industry is an asset
- Knowledge of OHS Act and Regulations; CSA/ANSI; Electrical Safety Authority, Employment Standards Act & Canada Labour Code, and other applicable Health and Safety regulations
- Ability to read and interpret ISO Standards and apply them to specific work conditions
- General understanding of IHSA – COR Program (Certificate of Recognition)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office (word, excel, forms, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Understanding of WSIB reporting requirements; assisting with workers’ compensation claims & Return-to-Work Programs
- Superior analytical, problem-solving, and observation skills
- Good written and oral communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment, and independently without supervision
- Proactive mindset with the ability to multitask in a high-paced environment while meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of Hazard Assessments & Mitigation strategies and assist with incident Root Cause Analysis to develop corrective & preventative actions
- Office environment with prolonged sitting, typing, and phone usage
- Manual dexterity is required to use a desktop computer and peripherals
- Lifting or moving boxes up to 50 lbs. may be required.
- Time management
- Memory recall
To apply for this position please email: email@example.com