Installation Assistant (Tampa, FL)
- Full-Time, Permanent
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: Tampa, FL
About this opportunity
As an Installation Assistant, your job function is to assist the installation team with installation, maintenance, and repair in maintenance, parts, replacement, and repair signage projects. Your responsibilities and duties will include, such as furnishing tools, materials, and supplies to other Installers, cleaning the work areas, machines, and tools; and holding materials or tools for our Installation team.
The primary responsibilities and duties include; but are not limited to:
- Tends and observes equipment and machinery to verify efficient and safe operations
- Examines and tests machinery, equipment, components, and parts for defects to ensure proper functioning.
- Adjusts, connects, or disconnects wiring, piping, tubing, and other parts, using hand or power tools.
- Installs or replaces machinery, equipment, and new or replacement parts and instruments, using hand or power tools.
- Cleans or lubricates vehicles, machinery, equipment, instruments, tools, work areas, and other objects, using hand tools, power tools, and cleaning equipment.
- Applies protective materials to equipment, components, and parts to prevent defects and corrosion.
- Transfers tools, parts, equipment, and supplies to and from workstations and other areas.
- Disassembles broken or defective equipment to facilitate the repair and reassemble equipment when repairs are complete.
- Assembles and maintains physical structures, using hand or power tools.
- Provides assistance to more skilled workers involved in the adjustment, maintenance, part replacement, and repair of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Completes reports by entering the required information
- Maintains quality service by following Company’s standards and maintaining a safe work environment
- Other additional duties as
Requirements / Qualifications:
- High school diploma and GED equivalent
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses repair, and maintenance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong personal organization skills
- Be able to work a full-time but flexible schedule
- Enjoy working with other team members and following instructions as needed
- Have a strong work ethic with reliability and dependability
- Maintain a friendly and customer service-oriented approach to internal and external clients
- Able to work at heights ( Training provided)
- Manual dexterity is required to use hand tools
- Lifting or moving materials up to 50 lbs. may be required.
- Able to work overtime
- Time management
- Memory recall