DZ or AZ Driver
- Permanent, Full-Time
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: Oakville, ON
About This Opportunity
The DZ or AZ Driver will be responsible for all loading and unloading of trucks and trailers; including local pick-ups of large shipments of metal parts of large skids and pick-ups that require roll tide; as well as making deliveries to various job sites.
The primary responsibilities and duties include; but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all loading and unloading of trucks and trailers
- Responsible for general assembly and fabrication
- Transporting goods safely to customers, following the delivery instructions provided by Company dispatchers.
- Inspect the designated truck before and after each trip to ensure that it is mechanically sound.
- Correctly securing goods for transportation to prevent damages and accidents.
- Responsible for all loading and unloading procedures to prevent any cargo damage that may occur as a result of unsafe handling or negligence.
- Obtaining customers’ signatures after each delivery to confirm receipt of the correct goods, in the correct quantity.
- Planning travel routes, taking into account possible road construction, traffic congestion, and difficult weather conditions, to ensure that deliveries are made on time.
- Performing maintenance work on the company truck as needed.
- Promptly notifying dispatch of any delivery issues, cargo damage, and vehicle breakdowns.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Valid Class AZ or DZ driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- High School Diploma or GED
- Tow motor certification required
- Experience working with hand and power tools, accuracy in measurements, and manual material handling
- Experience working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment are an asset
- Should be able to work overtime when required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to use GPS devices and road maps
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Understand the importance of attendance and punctuality
- Physical strength and ability to lift up to 50 lbs. daily
- Ability to drive in difficult weather conditions
- Time management
- Memory recall
To apply for this position please email: firstname.lastname@example.org