Project Manager, Installation Services (Fort Mill, SC)
- Permanent, Full-Time
- On-site (Remote Work Eligibility)
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: Fort Mill, SC
About This Opportunity
This is a high-profile role within our organization. As a key contributor and reporting to the Installation Manager, the ideal incumbent will be client-facing and tasked with oversight of the successful completion of the defined objectives. You will take pride in managing a range of opportunities from one-off high complexity type work to multi-site same-scope programs being done in compressed time frames.
The primary responsibilities and duties include; but are not limited to:
- Plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict quality standards, deadlines and budget while maintaining high levels of safety and customer satisfaction. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and sub-contractors in order to deliver projects according to plan and budget.
- Define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle in coordination with the Design Team.
- Work closely with the Executive Team to ensure timely and quality completion of the construction process and strategies for the acquisition of new work.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Define project scope and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with executive management
- Develop project plans and schedules.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members in a timely and clear fashion.
- Communicate with customers on an ongoing basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and customers.
- Draft and submit budget change orders to Estimating/Sales/Client where necessary.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Issue status reports to the project team, analyze results and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Work collaboratively with the executive and field operations team to maximize productivity.
- Maintain contact and communicate with clients/ field services and sub-contractors to ensure smooth and effective project completion.
- Review and detail the information required on WO for Operation/ Manufacturing/ Field Services/ Sub-contractors
- Obtain necessary permits, road closures, traffic control, rental equipment, etc.
- Coordinate manufacturing/ field services and sub-Contractors for the scope of the project
- Initiate the External Kick-off meeting with the client and ensure that information gathered in the meeting is communicated and documented for all parties
- Development of detailed plans for a project, including the schedule, and the budget, outlining the duties of each team member, identifying project goals, and setting a timeline for the project.
- Invoice accounts/projects
- Once a project is complete, the Project Manager is responsible for gathering and documenting all project results and then reporting or presenting them to the appropriate parties. This usually includes clients and upper-level management. They should report on the success of the project and any setbacks that were encountered or room for improvement
- Other additional responsibilities as required
Requirements / Qualifications:
Any of the following will be considered for this role:
- A 4-year degree in business or related management type course study
- Formal training and Construction Management & Processes
- Degree in Construction management
- Formal Project Management certifications
- 5+ years in a project-based environment with special emphasis in construction, signage, and working with direct employees and sub-contractors
- Microsoft Dynamics proficiency for Business Central applications
- Ability to estimate all phases of sign installation applications
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Ability to coordinate with multiple departments and locations
- Understand and manage project documents and requirements
- Maintain project budget parameters, company purchase order, and billing requirements
- Internal communication for increased productivity & customer satisfaction
- Understanding of Permitting processes
- Ability to collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Most of your work will be done in an office environment with occasional “field trips” or business meetings to interact face-to-face with clients and or job site visits
- Office environment with prolonged sitting, typing, and phone usage
- Manual dexterity is required to use desktop computers and peripherals.
- Lifting or moving boxes up to 50 lbs. may be required.
- Time management
- Memory recall