Manufacturing QA / Configuration Technician
- Full-Time, Permanent
- On-site (No Remote Work Eligbility)
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: Oakville, ON
About This Opportunity
As a Quality Assurance / Configuration Technician, you are responsible for testing materials and finished products to ensure they conform to all applicable laws and company standards. The successful incumbent will be testing products across the three stages of production (before, in-process, and final) to ensure quality levels are met.
The primary responsibilities and duties include; but are not limited to:
- Inspect, test, and evaluate incoming electrical and electronic components to ensure conformance with the product specifications.
- Conduct configuration and programming of electrical and electronic components.
- Follow Engineering drawings and electrical schematics.
- Complete QC checklist and maintain the work by adhering to standard operating procedures.
- Technical assistance to production and using production and quality evaluation process.
- Supervise the building and testing of the electrical panel, control panel, and other electrical components. according to general instruction and established standards.
- Set up and operate specialized and standard test equipment to diagnose, test, and analyze the performance of electrical and electronic components, assemblies, and systems.
- Conduct 48-hour burn-in test procedures and record data and analyze results.
- Install, operate and maintain electrical and electronic equipment and systems.
- Calibrate electrical and electronic equipment according to technical manuals and written instructions.
- Achieve Quality Assurance objectives by monitoring day-to-day activities.
- Accountable for creating comprehensive reports from daily collected data and timely documenting them to QC document.
- Daily follow-up on implementation and maintenance of quality standards.
- Inspect and approve/reject production work and follow the QC standard work practices.
- Provide regular feedback to QA Supervisor regarding quality performance.
- Must be proactive and take accountability for assigned projects.
- Complete all other duties as required to support the mission of the department.
- Organizes and documentation of all quality control checklists, tools & equipment, and materials.
- Organizes and follows procedures QC closeout procedures by documenting all images and checklists after the release of a project.
- Complies with the quality standard set by Media resources quality digital production & quality department.
- Other additional duties as
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Completed college degree or diploma in Electrical / Electronics field
- Certification for Quality Control is an asset
- 1+ years of work experience in the quality control area
- Experience in the manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work on tight
- Have a high sense of urgency and can prioritize responsibilities
- Have proficiency level skills in MS Office applications
- Experience in QA / QC will be an asset and strong math and analytical skills
- Maintain QC mindset and adhere to QC process.
- Office environment with prolonged sitting, typing, and phone usage.
- Manual dexterity is required to use desktop computers and peripherals.
- Lifting or moving boxes up to 50 lbs. may be required.
- Time management
- Memory recall