Logistics Coordinator, (Tampa, FL)
- Permanent, Full-Time
- On-Site (No Remote Work Eligibility)
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: Tampa, FL
About This Opportunity
The ideal candidate will be able to efficiently work with our administrative staff in a busy work environment with the ability to juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines. Complete accurate paperwork and data entry as it pertains to the movement of inventory in and out of our warehouse is essential. This position is responsible for handling all shipping and receiving duties for the Tampa, FL office. As the organization looks to this position for assistance on a regular basis, it is important that this individual has strong customer service, interpersonal, communication, and team-oriented skills, as this position deals with multiple departments, customers, and vendors.
The primary responsibilities and duties include; but are not limited to:
- Responsible for handling all outbound and inbound shipping and receiving duties.
- Maintain the warehouse and shipping areas in a clean, safe, and organized manner in conjunction with industry best practices, and Corporate health & safety requirements.
- Prepare freight and proper paperwork for domestic and cross-border shipments.
- Track and schedule materials for projects in conjunction with project timelines and milestone
- Organize incoming inspections on materials to ensure they meet quality standards.
- Prepare equipment and materials for daily project shipments for sales and technical staff.
- Conduct routine inventory spot checks and responsible for inventory control.
- Efficient inventory tracking using the approved procedures and correct documentation
- Effectively organize the warehouse in order to quickly locate items as requested
- Pack the goods accordingly, develop mailing labels and shipping documents and ensure that all orders have been filled correctly
- Operate lift trucks or hand trucks to convey, move, or hoist materials to proper areas of the warehouse
- Liaise with customers and handle shipping inquiries as required.
- Daily data entry using our internal accounting software
- General work hours will be 8:30 m. – 4:30 p.m., however, some after-hours work may be necessary on occasion for emergency shipments, special projects, or inventory counts.
- Work collaboratively with other team members and leadership
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- A high school diploma or equivalent preferred
- 3+ years of warehousing experience
- Proven knowledge of shipping, receiving, warehousing, and basic administration procedures
- Experience with cross-border shipping and brokerage procedures
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset
- Forklift certification is an asset
- Basic First Aid / CPR (provided if not current)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Outlook and Excel
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with changing dynamics
- Capable of working a consistent schedule and multi-tasking to handle various orders at the same time
- Handling numbers with ease, especially in terms of weight and counts
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, or scanning device
- Knowledge of correct packing and skidding techniques
- Office environment with prolonged sitting, typing, and phone usage.
- Manual dexterity is required to use desktop computers and peripherals.
- Lifting or moving boxes up to 50 lbs. may be required.
- Time management
- Memory recall