Mechanical Drafter / Designer – SolidWorks
- Full-Time, Permanent
- On-site (No Remote Work Eligbility)
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: Oakville, ON
About This Opportunity
As a dedicated and accurate Mechanical Drafter / Designer with an interest in mechanical engineering and a self-motivated attitude. You will be working with our expert engineering teams to create a variety of technical drawings and digital models and will be able to contribute to the design process as well. We foster a positive and encouraging work atmosphere and offer plenty of opportunities for on-the-job mentoring and practical experience with several departments, including manufacturing and project management.
The primary responsibilities and duties include; but are not limited to:
- Designing and building full assemblies using existing libraries of modular parts for active customer orders
- Contributing to our in-house vault of components and assemblies to ensure that every item we manufacture has a corresponding accurate model in the database including form, materials properties, fully defined dimensions, mounting details, weight, etc.
- Preparing PDF/DXF drawings and bill of material (BOM) quantities suitable for use in production.
- Generating production drawing sets to be utilized by our manufacturing plant for product fabrication including mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Producing necessary drawing sets required by Media Resources’ subcontractors, in addition to routinely packaging supplier requisitions for Media Resources’ designed parts to be sent for purchasing.
- Modeling of steel structures and structural attachments from time to time.
- Using SolidWorks and configurations to enable automation or semi-automation of the drawing process of modular re-sizeable products.
- Meet company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, perform all work-related tasks in compliance with company policies, procedures, legislation, regulation, and directions, and identify non-compliance for resolution.
- Participate in and comply with all health and safety processes and initiatives to ensure that Media Resources remains a safe workplace.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- BS/BA in Supply Chain, Business, Management, or Logistics; or equivalent experience with a high school diploma/equivalency
- 2 – 5 years of experience working with SolidWorks daily
- SolidWorks expert with knowledge in at least the following areas:
- Experience with SolidWorks Enterprise PDM
- Weldments and detailed welding drawings
- Knowledge and experience working with sheet metal, steel, and aluminum
- Working with configuration-based modeling
- Modifying existing formula-driven parts and assemblies
- Manipulating existing parts and assemblies through design tables
- Basic machining operations
- BOM generation
- Mate references
- 2D and 3D Drawings, templates, models, and assemblies
- Configurations include control of parts and assemblies using excel (i.e. design tables)
- FEA modeling and Simulation and report is a strong asset
- General computer knowledge is a requirement
- Excellent communications skills are a must
- Building, construction, or sign industry experience preferred
- Ability to work overtime when required
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with Ontario/National building codes is an asset.
- Familiarity with CSA 47.1, CSA W59.2, and CSA W59-18 codes is an asset.
- Strong organization and adherence to specified timelines.
- This position requires multi-tasking to ensure the varied job requirements are met.
- Flow and characteristics of work require work pressure for frequent periods of short duration or occasional periods of sustained duration.
- High attention to detail.
- Office environment with prolonged sitting, typing, and phone usage.
- Manual dexterity is required to use desktop computers and peripherals.
- Lifting or moving boxes up to 50 lbs. may be required.
- Time management
- Memory recall