The role of the Project Coordinator is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict quality standards, deadlines and budget while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of the team. members and subcontractors in order to deliver projects according to plan and budget.
The Project Coordinator will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle in coordination with the Design Team.
Media Resources operates from our manufacturing HQ out of Oakville, Ontario, along with our 3D and Print division facilities and operational offices in British Columbia and Alberta. Our USA offices are in Atlanta, Arizona, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Charlotte SC, Seattle, Tampa, Salt Lake City, Washington DC, and our overseas China location. Our company maintains an entrepreneurial and dynamic spirit, where team members are encouraged to innovate, achieve, and grow. Media Resources Inc. provides an opportunity to imprint an enduring personal legacy with the displays and experiences we create.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members in a timely and clear fashion.
- Communicate with customers on an ongoing basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and customers.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Coach, motivate project team members and subcontractors and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project “lessons learned” meetings and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Work collaboratively with the executive and warehouse team to maximize productivity.
- Maintain contact and communicate with clients/warehouse and sub-contractors to ensure smooth and effective project completion.
- Review and detail the information required on WO for Warehouse / Sub-Contractors
- Coordinate with the warehouse/ sub-contractors and the client for the scope of the project
- Initiate the external “Kick-off” meeting for large projects with the client and the team to ensure that information gathered in the meeting is communicated and documented for all parties
- Invoice accounts/projects
- Other additional responsibilities and duties as required
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- A diploma in Business or project management would be an asset.
- 2-5 years of experience in administration or project administration is critical.
- Strong attention to detail and accountability to deadlines is essential
- Must have strong expertise in ERP/Excel/Outlook and organization skills.
- Should be able to manage a high volume of tasks in a fast-paced environment and can multitask while focusing on deep work without being distracted.
- The ability to produce clear status reports (writing and verbal), communicate professionally (written/verbal), and adapt communication for various internal/external stakeholders is requisite.
- Must be able to identify/communicate risks to scope, timeline, and/or budget and offer mitigation recommendations.