A world-class manufacturer of digital sign technology is currently seeking a resourceful, self-motivated Manufacturing Manager for our manufacturing facility in Oakville, Ontario. The Manufacturing Manager, we seek is a motivated and compassionate leader who strives to improve “Operational Excellence” daily. This mid-senior level position will manage 40-100 employees in a 2-3 shift operation and is responsible for overseeing all aspects of day-to-day operations and commercial activities of the digital production facility.
Media Resources operates from our manufacturing HQ out of Oakville, Ontario, along with our 3D and Print division facilities and operational offices in British Columbia and Alberta. Our USA offices are in Atlanta, Arizona, Baltimore, Chicago, Charlotte SC, Seattle, Tampa, Salt Lake City, Washington DC, and our overseas China location. Our company maintains an entrepreneurial and dynamic spirit, where team members are encouraged to innovate, achieve, and grow. Media Resources Inc. provides an opportunity to imprint an enduring personal legacy with the displays and experiences we create.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Grow to assume full responsibilities for the production facilities over multiple shifts.
- Closely monitor and manage production to ensure timely execution of weekly and Monthly Schedules.
- Establish and measure manufacturing strategic vision progress through KPIs and other metrics to ensure Zero Defect quality, cost-effective on-time delivery, and Overall Plant Efficiency.
- Work with Senior Management to embrace the company’s entrepreneurial culture and strategic vision to deliver, the Industry-Leading product line, World-Class manufacturing operations, and “Best in Class” Quality.
- Understand the processes and engage all employees to find safer, better ways to do work.
- Motivate, delegate, and communicate with a varied group of employees and cell supervisors. Empower them and hold them responsible for the outcome.
- Hold respective non-production support teams accountable for timely and complete responses to meet production deliverables.
- Coordinate production/planning activities to support new product launches.
- Participate in project reviews with the project team to verify production needs are met and there is compliance with the design intent.
- Oversee and manage facility and equipment compliance to all Provincial, Federal Safety Regulatory, and HS&E initiatives.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering preferred) or related field is preferred. Other progressive related experiences in a similar role will also be considered.
- At least five (5) years of diverse professional and managerial experience within an assembly-related industry including a varied range of employee management.
- Good mathematical aptitude with competency in using Microsoft Excel and other office products.
- Able to interpret technical mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Hands-on manufacturing knowledge of large assemblies and metal fabrication processes using electrical, fitting, assembly, CNC equipment, and general metalwork tooling is an asset.
- Have experience with MRP/ERP, KPIs, Visual Factory, 5S, and Quality Control/Assurance systems.
- Excellent English communication (reading and writing) skills, time management, and organizational skills are essential.
- Must be flexible to work extra hours when needed including occasional weekends
- Physical labor work
- Lifting or moving boxes up to 50 lbs. may be required.
- Time management
- Memory recall