Master Production Planner
The Master Production Planner (MPP) will be reporting into the Head of Digital Manufacturing. The Master Production Planner is responsible to drive all forecast activities across Media Resources Inc. in Canada and United States. Specifically, the successful incumbent will ensure operations are producing accurate quantities of the right product while maintaining cost-effectiveness and efficiency. The role will focus on facilitating all demand planning duties, including predicting future product demand in alignment with internal stakeholders, analyzing historical and projected production, and developing robust forecast models to fulfill various KPIs.
Media Resources Inc, is a fast-growing, thriving company specializing in Large Format Printing, Digital LED Displays, 3D Fabrication, and Sign Installation services for the sign and display industry. From design and fabrication to installation and maintenance, Media Resources Inc. is the industry leader in sign installation, printing, custom fabrication, and digital LED display needs.
We are recognized in 2017 in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 list for Canada and Technology Fast 500 for North America and the sign company of the year for 2021 by the Sign Association of Canada. Our clients range from the top billboard & out of home advertising companies to the top commercial signage/display companies. Across North America. Our products are installed across the North American continent in over 30 states, 10 provinces, in high-visibility locations such as Yonge and Dundas Square and are viewed by millions of people daily
The primary responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Translate projected forecasts, incoming volume, and work scopes into a production plan with a time-phased build schedule.
- Work with customer base to determine weekly inbound forecast and develop consumption models to improve accuracy.
- Establish key performance indicators of forecast accuracy. Ensure the interaction of a firm’s functional managers, and track and maintain the forecast through timely and accurate feedback.
- Schedule demand based on the product mix and provide accurate commitment dates to customer service team across multiple product lines
- Assemble master schedule reporting regarding performance to the business plan, the shipment plan, the inventory plan, and the production plan.
- Provide input to Finance on operating plans for the sales and operations planning (S&OP) process, concerning incoming volume and capacity
- Identify current planned level of demand and create tactical production plans to meet the identified customer demand. Calculate production lead times.
- Manage load leveling and bottleneck scheduling and utilize theory of constraints (TOC) for more accurate scheduling.
- Analyze production floor status through input/output control reporting.
- Coordinate information with other functional staff, including Customer Service, Engineering, Accounting, and Human Resources.
- Establish reporting to determine labor and productivity performance statistics.
- Establish, measure, monitor, and adjust capacity levels to execute all manufacturing schedules.
- Determine available capacity before planned orders are released.
- Engage in capacity management during sales and operations planning, master scheduling, materials requirements planning, and production activity control.
- Manage work center input and output loading.
- Resolve differences between workstation loads and available capacity. Measure the utilization and efficiency of workstations
- Responsible for the management of the capacity plan for the assigned sites within the various locations
- Highlighting the risks pertaining to the future supply outlook in the longer-term horizon
- Development of supply scenarios and sensitivity analysis (risk) with recommendations to be used in the development of supply strategies.
- Conduct “what if” analysis required for strategy development.
- Must regularly liaise with the various teams regarding the Master Production Schedule and highlight any contentious supply issues and to ensure a smooth flow of information moving from the long range into the execution period paying particular concern to inventory levels, plant efficiencies and customer service.
- Must ensure that all the applicable master data is accurate; conduct audits / refresh of master data
- Will liaise regularly, as key supply contact, with many groups such as the site manufacturing teams.
- Responsible for global demand planning and multi-site production capacity models to deliver inventory / customer requirements for new and existing products
- Maintain strong working relationship with Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Operations to proactively resolve forecast inaccuracies
- Propel continuous improvement alongside the supply chain leadership team
- Align production plant level requirements of direct customer demand, product development projects, engineering build requirements within capacity
- Lead monthly S&OP process with necessary reporting, investigations and action plans to complete cycle
- Monitor long-term production planning and lead risk assessments and mitigation activities related to production capacity
- Communicate risks while proposing and implementing solutions with senior management
- Coordinate the impact of changes on other stakeholders and existing linkages
- Lead modelling of historical sales trends, research demand drivers, forecast data, statistical forecast algorithms, and measure forecast results over time
- Develop product inventory strategies; lead supply chain improvement projects as assigned
- Update customers and sales team about product availabilities.
- Adhere to and promote the adherence to all Corporate, Quality and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Work in a safe manner collaborating as a team member to achieve all outcomes.
- All other relevant duties as assigned
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Community College or University graduate in Business, Supply Chain Management, or other appropriate discipline
- 3-7 years of experience in scheduling position with extensive demonstrated success of implementing & operationalizing master schedules
- Previous Supply Planning background
- Experience with ERP / MRP concepts and application
- Strong Computer skills (Excel, PP, Word, Access)
- Strategic thinker, strong analytical skills, able to synthesize considerable and complex data.
- Be capable of utilizing spreadsheet and ERP-type software in managing the planning process
- Knowledge of operational supply chain processes including the flow of materials and information
- Solid, proven organizational, project management and leadership skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, short lead-times and adjust priorities in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently or within an integrated team environment
- Ability to perform situational root cause analysis and implement permanent corrective action
- Exceptional interpersonal/written communication skills; can effectively interact with all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to influence teams and programs regarding quality, productivity and/or customer service.
- People leadership experience is an asset
- Strong knowledge of methods and processes for inventory and supply chain management
- Strong statistical and mathematical skills leveling functionality with an ERP / MRP system