- Full-Time, Permanent
- On-site (No Remote Work Eligibility)
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: Oakville, ON
About This Opportunity
The primary purpose of this position is to ship, receive and record the movement of parts, supplies, materials, equipment, and stock to and from an establishment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform general physical activities to load, unload, sort and move shipments by hand or using material handling equipment
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records, such as purchase orders, or invoices, to verify the accuracy of shipment
- Pack, seal, and label materials to prepare for shipping
- Adhere to shipping and receiving policies/procedures, and regulatory compliance procedures including receiving RMA parts
- Maintain compliance with laws, regulations, and/or standards and complete appropriate documentation as required
- Prepare documents for shipping orders (such as bills of lading, contacting trucking companies for quotes to get the best price for delivery of our product, on time and safely)
- Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications
- Assisting with crating and packaging (shrink wrapping)
- Maintain shipping and receiving area daily (5S+1)
- Track products from our Company to Customer, from beginning to end.
- Quote shipments using multiple carrier options to achieve optimal delivery/pricing
- Proactively track shipments, ensuring successful delivery
- Perform international shipping including preparation of the necessary documents
- Meet company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, perform all work-related tasks in compliance with company policies, procedures, legislation, regulations, and directions, and identify non-compliance for resolution.
- Participate and comply with all health and safety processes and initiatives to ensure that Media Resources remains a safe workplace
- Additional duties as required
Requirements / Qualifications
- Valid Class G Drivers Licence with a clean driving record
- Valid Forklift Licence
- 2 years of shipping & receiving experience preferably in manufacturing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Analytical skills to read and understand instructions, add and subtract numbers, and understand and transmit instructions.
- Proficient in the use of MS
- Positive, friendly demeanor
- Ability to perform in an environment with frequent interruptions and short deadlines.
- Computer Hardware and Associated Software (e.g. data entry, document management, label making, order process systems, transportation management systems, scanning, procurement, spreadsheet, electronic mail)
- Scanning Equipment (e.g. bar code scanning equipment)
- Packaging Tools (e.g. staplers, tape guns, strapping machines, hammers)
- Material Handling Equipment (e.g. forklift, dolly, pump cart)
- Almost all work is performed in a manufacturing environment with some work in an office.
- Fluctuations in temperature and noise.
- This position requires multi-tasking to ensure the varied job requirements are met.
- The incumbent is required to work with a calm and professional demeanor in the face of obstacles, deadlines, and ambiguity.
- The manufacturing environment requires standing for long periods, walking, lifting, talking, hearing, and occasionally stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Physical dexterity and good hand-eye coordination.
- Use of computers and other related equipment and materials