Accounts Payable Clerk
The Accounts Payable Clerk will be reporting to the Director, Financial Planning and Analysis. This opportunity is responsible for handling vendor payments and other financial liabilities. While the job’s primary function is to make payments, but will also be responsible for keeping precise records of payments made and owed, and must work collaboratively with other accounting team members to perform audits of all transactions.
Established in 1967, Media Resources has grown into a leading signage, service, and manufacturing company providing Digital LED Displays, Large Format Printing, 3D Creations, and Installation services to the sign and display industry. Our work is featured globally, being viewed by millions daily throughout Canada and the United States. Our showcased work is evident in locations such as Times Square NY, Dundas Square Toronto, sports venues, and corporate headquarters. Our primary goal is to provide our customers with the highest degree of customer satisfaction in all aspects of our business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process accounts payable on a timely and accurate manner providing excellent customer service, including vendor inquiries and support.
- Support our US and Canadian vendors and our local Line-of-Business management teams
- Cash flow (payments) monitoring and projection on a monthly basis.
- Summarize and consolidate total cash flow out for accounts payable, payroll, and other disbursements.
- Participation and support in the continuous improvement of ERP financial system, focus on accounts payable and purchasing module.
- Support monthly project reporting, including tracking project costs to budget and analysis to support management decision-making.
- Develop/enhance a dashboard for key performance indicators for accounts payable.
- Frequent communication with project management teams to be able to report accurate costs to complete for projects.
- Assist in preparing audit client schedules and any audit testing inquiries.
- Maintain precise records of all vendor payments
- Monitor tax liabilities and ensure tax liabilities are paid on time
- Responsible for paying and keeping a record of all invoices
- Keep track of all company credit card spending, and make payments on credit accounts
- Analyze all accounts on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to ensure payment accuracy
- Work collaboratively with various departments to perform accounting audits
- Prepare and mail all required tax documents
- Analyze discrepancies with invoices and research information to discover the source of the problem, making sure all disbursements are correct and suggesting procedure changes so the problem is unlikely to happen again
- Exercise integrity and transparency in financial documentation, reporting other personnel if there is a suspicion of fund misappropriation
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications
- A College diploma/certification in Accounting, Finance, or other related degrees.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of relevant work experience in an accounts payable department
- Experience in the manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Operating System, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook
- Proven knowledge of accounting industry-leading accounting software
- Strong basic mathematical skills
- An excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to fully address accounts payable issues
- Ability to work either independently or collaboratively as needed
- Ability and experience working in a deadline-oriented environment
- Office environment with prolonged sitting, typing, and phone usage.
- Manual dexterity is required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Lifting or moving boxes up to 10 lbs. may be required.
- Time management
- Memory recall
- Personal Protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place