Truck Mechanic Apprentice
Media Resources operates from our manufacturing HQ out of Oakville, Ontario, along with our 3D and Print division facilities and operational offices in British Columbia and Alberta. Our USA offices are in Atlanta, Arizona, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Charlotte SC, Seattle, Tampa, Salt Lake City, Washington DC, and our overseas China location. Our company maintains an entrepreneurial and dynamic spirit, where team members are encouraged to innovate, achieve, and grow. Media Resources Inc. provides an opportunity to imprint an enduring personal legacy with the displays and experiences we create.
About this opportunity
We are looking to hire an experienced heavy equipment mechanic to inspect, service, and maintain our range of heavy-duty construction equipment. As a lead mechanic, you will be responsible for driving to the job site, inspecting engines and equipment, carrying out services, conducting repairs, and providing routine maintenance to the construction fleet.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving to the job site.
- Inspecting trucks, cranes, bulldozers, and other heavy equipment for proper performance.
- Diagnosing faults using computerized testing equipment.
- Adjusting equipment and replacing faulty parts.
- Repairing damaged equipment parts.
- Cleaning, lubricating, and conducting routine services on heavy-duty vehicles.
- Cleaning and servicing of machine attachments like winches, blades, and side booms.
- Performing major repair work when necessary.
- Consulting with other mechanics on smaller jobs.
- Reporting damaged or faulty equipment to management.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- A High school diploma or GED.
- Proven work experience as a diesel or heavy equipment mechanic.
- Understanding of computer testing technologies.
- Ability to lift heavy machinery.
- Extensive knowledge of diesel engines and construction equipment.
- Ability to work after-hours if required.
- Good communication skills.
- 1-2 year’s practical experience with vehicle repair or truck repair preferred
- Vocational/Technical or certification preferred
- Must be currently enrolled in an apprentice program
- Ability to drive/operate multiple types of vehicles and equipment
- Ability to handle assorted tools properly and safely
- Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
Work remotely: No
- Personal Protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place