The Configuration Technician will be reporting to the Production Engineer. This role is ultimately responsible for guaranteeing the quality of our products and services. The day-to-day work involves careful inspections and the enforcement of quality standards.
Established in 1967, Media Resources has grown into a leading signage, service, and manufacturing company providing Digital LED Displays, Large Format Printing, 3D Creations, and Installation services to the sign and display industry. Our work is featured globally, being viewed by millions daily throughout Canada and the United States. Our showcased work is evident in locations such as; Times Square NY, Dundas Square Toronto, sports venues, and corporate headquarters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect, test, and evaluate incoming electrical and electronics components to ensure conformance with the product specification.
- Conduct configuration and programming of electrical and electronic components.
- Follow Engineering drawings and electrical schematics.
- Complete QC checklist and maintain the work by adhering to the standard operating procedures.
- Technical assistance to production and using production and quality evaluation process.
- Supervise the building and testing of the electrical panel, control panel, and other electrical components. according to general instruction and established standards.
- Set up and operate specialized and standard test equipment to diagnose, test, and analyze the performance of electrical and electronic components, assemblies, and systems.
- Conduct 48-hour burn-in test procedures and record data and analyze results.
- Install, operate and maintain electrical and electronic equipment and systems.
- Calibrate electrical and electronic equipment according to technical manuals and written instructions.
- Achieve Quality Assurance objectives by monitoring day-to-day activities.
- Accountable for creating comprehensive reports from daily collected data and timely documenting them to QC document.
- Daily follow-up on implementation and maintenance of quality standards.
- Inspect and approve/reject production work and follow the QC standard work practices.
- Provide regular feedback to QA Supervisor regarding quality performance.
- Must be proactive and take accountability of assigned projects.
- Complete all other duties as required to support the mission of the department.
- Organizes and documentation of all quality control checklists, tools & equipment, and materials.
- Organizes and follows procedures QC closeout procedures by documenting all images and checklists after the release of a project.
- Complies with the quality standard set by Media resources quality digital production & quality department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Post Secondary Education in Electrical / Electronics or a related field and relevant work experience
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science is an asset
- Minimum one (1) year relevant work experience in quality assurance and quality control, experience working in a manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Must have experience using multi-meters, basic shop tools.
- Experience with cable management and clean wire routing.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Operating System, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook.
- Strong computer knowledge configures hardware such as modems, switches, wireless radios, and cameras
- Must have basic knowledge of electronic/electric circuits, relays, breakers, and networking
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Has a good understanding and insights into the product functionality, general usage, and troubleshooting of the product functions
- Basic understanding of electrical circuits and comfortability around high voltage.
- Ability to follow electrical/electronic schematics and CAD drawings
- Ability and experience working in a deadline-oriented environment
- Must have the flexibility to work additional hours and weekends
- Personal Protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place