DZ or AZ Driver & Warehouse Support
The DZ or AZ Driver & Warehouse Support will be responsible for all loading and unloading of trucks and trailers; including local pick-ups of large shipments of metal parts of large skids and pick-ups that require roll tide; as well as making deliveries to various job sites.
Established in 1967, Media Resources has grown into a leading signage, service, and manufacturing company providing Digital LED Displays, Large Format Printing, 3D Creations, and Installation services to the sign and display industry. Our work is featured globally, being viewed by millions daily throughout Canada and the United States. Our showcased work is evident in locations such as, Times Square NY, Dundas Square Toronto, sports venues, and corporate headquarters. Our primary goal is to provide our customers with the highest degree of customer satisfaction in all aspects of our business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary responsibilities and duties include; but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all loading and unloading of trucks and trailers
- Responsible for general assembly and fabrication
- Transporting goods safely to customers, following the delivery instructions provided by Company dispatchers.
- Inspect the designated truck before and after each trip to ensure that it is mechanically sound.
- Correctly securing goods for transportation to prevent damages and accidents.
- Responsible for all loading and unloading procedures to prevent any cargo damage that may occur as a result of unsafe handling or negligence.
- Obtaining customers’ signatures after each delivery to confirm receipt of the correct goods, in the correct quantity.
- Planning travel routes, taking into account possible road construction, traffic congestion, and difficult weather conditions, to ensure that deliveries are made on time.
- Performing maintenance work on the company truck as needed.
- Promptly notifying dispatch of any delivery issues, cargo damage, and vehicle breakdowns.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Valid Class AZ or DZ driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- High School Diploma or GED
- Tow motor certification required
- Experience working with hand and power tools, accuracy in measurements and manual material handling
- Experience working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment an asset
- Should be able to work overtime when required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to use GPS devices and road maps
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Understand the importance of attendance and punctuality
- Physical strength and ability to lift up to 50 lbs. daily
- Ability to drive in difficult weather conditions
- Time management
- Reading / writing
- Memory recall