3D Equipment Operator & Programmer (CNC & 3D Printers)
Media Resources is an integrated sign services company producing large format digital printing, 3D props & displays, indoor & outdoor digital displays and installation services across Canada and the United States. The company’s Print & 3D operations are located in a 30,000 square foot facility is located in Mississauga Ontario with 9 additional manufacturing and installation offices across North America.
About this Opportunity
We are seeking a detail-oriented CNC & 3D Printer operator and programmer to run and maintain our 3D equipment. In this role, you will be required to operate our 3d equipment, develop the program files for the machines and ensure that the designs meet clients’ specifications. To ensure success as our 3D equipment operator, you will need to be highly organized, have good knowledge of 3D software and equipment, a technical background and able to work in a team environment. An outstanding 3D operator will demonstrate precision and possess a sound understanding of how CNC machines and 3D printing works.
What you will do
- Setup and operate our CNC mill, CNC Hotwire, FDM 3D printers and our Massivit 1800 3D Printer.
- Develop CNC Programs using software to ensure efficient, cost effective machining of parts.
- Using 3D Slicing software to write the programming for the 3D printers.
- Use a variety of 3D software’s to create 3D files which will be used for machining and 3D Printing.
- Working closely with production to ensure jobs are completed as per client’s request.
- Estimating machine time and material usage to supply the estimating team for quotes.
- Ensure equipment is maintained and is in a clean working condition.
- Experience operating and programmer CNC machines.
- Experience operating and programming 3D printers. Including slicer software.
- Experience using CAM software. ARTcam is a bonus.
- Experience using Adobe software: Such as Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Experience using 3D and CAD software: Preferably Z-Brush, Solidworks, Meshmixer.
- Independent, self starter with good multi-tasking abilities.
- The ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Willingness to apply yourself and learn new skills related to this position.
- Willingness to work during evenings and on weekends, as needed.
- A positive team player with ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- And while not required, preference will be given to candidates with these additional skills:
- You have experience working with 3D props.
- You are hands on with building 3D project with experience using foam, wood & metal.
- You can use 3D software to create 3D renderings and technical drawings.
- You have experience using Solidworks and/or ARTcam.
What we have to offer
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career.
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference.
Job Types: Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
Work remotely: No
- Personal Protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Optional weekly rapid covid testing
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org