Large Format Digital Press Operator
Media Resources operates from our manufacturing HQ out of Oakville, Ontario, along with our 3D and Print division facilities and operational offices in British Columbia and Alberta. Our USA offices are in Atlanta, Arizona, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Charlotte SC, Seattle, Tampa, Salt Lake City, Washington DC, and our overseas China location. Our company maintains an entrepreneurial and dynamic spirit, where team members are encouraged to innovate, achieve, and grow. Media Resources Inc. provides an opportunity to imprint an enduring personal legacy with the displays and experiences we create.
About this opportunity
Reporting directly to the Manager – Digital Print & Finishing, the Large Format Digital Press Operator will fulfill requirements associated with preparing, operating, and maintaining Large Format Digital (LFD) print equipment. The incumbent will be responsible for all elements of the print process from the ripping of the files, management of the physical printing process to achieve colour, daily and weekly maintenance routines and managing stock and equipment consumables.
Days: (7 am to 3:30pm)
What you will do
This position is responsible for: feeder operations; registration control: ripping of files; maintaining adequate equipment supplies; housekeeping of equipment area; inspection of printed product for imperfections and defects; doing the First Piece Inspection; preventive maintenance; maintaining quality and safety at the equipment and around the operating area.
- Responsible for running the equipment, adjusting the equipment to the proper dimensions of the substrate and verifies they are running according to the required specs as outlined in the job ticket.
- Interact with equipment service personnel and be able to clearly identify equipment problems.
- Responsible for loading, unloading, cleaning, and maintaining the equipment.
- Maintain daily time, production, and material usage reports.
- Required to work on various print equipment as per business needs
- Follow job instructions listed on production matrixes.
- Maintain SOP’s as per written or verbal instructions and follow all SOP’s applicable to the work assigned.
- Perform all other duties as requested by Management to help the team effort.
- Support and contribute to a healthy and safe work environment by following all workplace regulations, policies, and initiatives, including reporting all first aid injuries, accidents, and workplace hazards.
- Grade 12 education along with a minimum two (2) years Digital printing experience and familiar with all related print equipment.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine forms such as time sheets, summarize run data etc.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively verbally and should be familiar with the use and completion of production paperwork, production logs and other written communication devices.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form, to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations and to use abstract reasoning subject to managerial approval in situations departing from accepted procedures and practices.
What we have to offer
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career.
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Overtime pay.
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Digital Print Operator: 3 years (preferred)
- INCA S40
- Personal Protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Apply on Facebook!
Apply on Indeed!