Mechanical Drafter / SolidWorks Designer
Media Resources operates from our manufacturing HQ out of Oakville, Ontario, along with our 3D and Print division facilities and operational offices in British Columbia and Alberta. Our USA offices are in Atlanta, Arizona, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Charlotte SC, Seattle, Tampa, Salt Lake City, Washington DC, and our overseas China location. Our company maintains an entrepreneurial and dynamic spirit, where team members are encouraged to innovate, achieve, and grow. Media Resources Inc. provides an opportunity to imprint an enduring personal legacy with the displays and experiences we create.
What you will do
- Designing and building full assemblies using existing libraries of modular parts for active customer orders
- Contributing to our in-house vault of components and assemblies to ensure that every item we manufacture has a corresponding accurate model in the database including form, materials properties, fully defined dimensions, mounting details, weight, etc.
- Preparing PDF/DXF drawings and bill of material (BOM) quantities suitable for use in production.
- Generating production drawing sets to be utilized by our manufacturing plant for product fabrication including mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Producing necessary drawing sets required by Media Resources’ subcontractors, in addition to routinely packaging supplier requisitions for Media Resources designed parts to be sent for purchasing.
- Modelling of steel structures and structural attachments from time to time.
- Using SolidWorks and configurations to enable automation, or semi-automation of the drawing process of modular re-sizeable products.
- Meet company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work-related tasks in compliance with company policies, procedures, legislation, regulation, and directions, and identify non-compliance for resolution.
- Participate and comply with all health and safety processes and initiatives to ensure that Media Resources remains a safe workplace.
- Other duties as assigned.
- SolidWorks expert with knowledge in at least the following areas:
- Experience with SolidWorks Enterprise PDM
- Weldments and detailed welding drawings
- Knowledge and experience working with sheet metal, steel, and aluminum
- Working with configuration-based modeling
- Modifying existing formula driven parts and assemblies
- Manipulating existing parts and assemblies through design tables
- Basic machining operations
- BOM generation
- Mate references
- 2D and 3D Drawings, templates, models, and assemblies
- Configurations including control of parts and assemblies using excel (i.e., design tables)
- General computer knowledge is a requirement
- Excellent communications skills a must
- 2-5 years’ experience working with SolidWorks daily
- Building, construction, or sign industry experience preferred
- Ability to work overtime when required
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment
What we have to offer
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career.
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference.
Job Type: Full-time, contract
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
Work remotely: Temporarily due to Covid-19
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- This job requires practically no exposure to undesirable or disagreeable working conditions.
- Strong organization and adherence to specified timelines.
- This position requires multi-tasking to ensure the varied job requirements are met.
- Flow and characteristics of work require work pressure for frequent periods of short duration or occasional periods of sustained duration.
- High attention to detail.
- Office environment requires sitting for long periods, use of phone, computer and other related equipment and materials.
- Performs multiple, repeated, and sustained hand-eye movement on keyboard and screen.
- Personal Protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place