Jr. Technical Call Center Representative
Media Resources operates from our manufacturing HQ out of Oakville, Ontario, along with our 3D and Print division facilities and operational offices in British Columbia and Alberta. Our USA offices are in Atlanta, Arizona, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Charlotte SC, Seattle, Tampa, Salt Lake City, Washington DC, and our overseas China location. Our company maintains an entrepreneurial and dynamic spirit, where team members are encouraged to innovate, achieve, and grow. Media Resources Inc. provides an opportunity to imprint an enduring personal legacy with the displays and experiences we create.
What you will do
- Responsible for responding to customer phone and email requests and logging into the Service Ticketing system. In this capacity, the employee will:
- Answering incoming service requests by phone (or email) and take appropriate action for each call.
- Provide over-the-phone support to customers related to LED display software
- Provide over-the-phone support to customers setting up and maintaining wired, cellular and Wi-Fi networks. Specific skills in configuring network subnets.
- Update all customer inquiries to second level support as required with a full debrief on the issue to ensure the issue is resolved
- Maintain customer satisfaction ratings based on criteria established by the company.
- Input service call information into the Service ticketing system to log customer information and actions taken along with required next steps. Diligently enter the information required into drop-down menu fields to facilitate the gathering of service and product performance metrics.
- Utilize company-provided diagnostic tools (MRI Portal) and Remote Desktop software to triage and diagnose customer-reported issues.
- Proactively using company-provided diagnostics tools monitor customer LED signs to detect issues and open service tickets to correct them.
- As and when appropriate, markets additional services by recognizing opportunities to upsell accounts.
- Set up web-based training sessions with customers on Media Resources LED display software and communication set ups.
- In doing the above activities, create a positive customer experience while meeting company standards pertaining to the quality of work performed and in compliance with company policies, procedures, legislation, regulation and directions and identify non-compliance for resolution.
- Participate and comply with all health and safety processes and initiatives to ensure that Media Resources remains a safe workplace
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensure all Service calls are answered and completed to the customer’s satisfaction in a timely manner.
- Ensure all Service calls are PROACTIVELY followed up, and customers kept updated on service ticket status.
- Ensuring all pertinent information is entered into service tickets to facilitate the gathering of service performance and product metrics.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a genuine desire to help customers and create a positive customer experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in a Tier I desktop support providing similar technical responsibilities.
- Technical college and A+ certification is considered an asset
- Solid understanding of networking
- Ability to work professionally with outside service providers
- Positive “enjoy life” attitude to work strong team player with excellent problem and conflict solving skills; resourceful and proactive.
- Commitment to product quality and delivery deadlines based on cost and time constraints
- Exemplary organization and time management skills; excellent multitasking ability
What we have to offer
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career.
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference.
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Personal Protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place