Business System Analyst – Field Service
Media Resources operates from our manufacturing HQ out of Oakville, Ontario, along with our 3D and Print division facilities and operational offices in British Columbia and Alberta. Our USA offices are in Atlanta, Arizona, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Charlotte SC, Seattle, Tampa, Salt Lake City, Washington DC, and our overseas China location. Our company maintains an entrepreneurial and dynamic spirit, where team members are encouraged to innovate, achieve, and grow. Media Resources Inc. provides an opportunity to imprint an enduring personal legacy with the displays and experiences we create.
About this opportunity
Media Resources is currently seeking a contract Business Systems Analyst – Business Central Field Service in Oakville Ontario reporting to the IT Manager and CFO. Working with our Dynamics ERP consultant, WebSan, the ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience working in Microsoft Dynamics 365 or a previous iteration of the Microsoft Dynamics Platform. The candidate’s primary role will be to assess our Field Service business processes and translate these processes into the Dynamics 365 ERP following best practices. Experience working on prior ERP implementations is a must. Based on experience, we may accept a Field Service ERP specialist that has no experience with Dynamics. This role may transition into a permanent role based on future needs.
Shift: Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Location: Oakville, Ontario – Canada
What you will do
- Work effectively with an implementation team to configure Dynamics 365 CRM and Business Central to meet best practices using information and requirements previously assembled.
- Implementation and industry experience with these core areas of ERP functionality: Field Service, and Dispatch Scheduling.
- Use technical knowledge and experience to assist with data mining and cleansing from other systems for migration into Dynamics 365.
- Report writing to drive key analytics and drivers of the business.
- Identify, implement and/ or support the implementation of enterprise process improvements.
- Elicit requirements and drive to ‘what the business really needs’.
- Document, analyze and manage business requirements and develop business cases.
- Facilitate design sessions with vendors and/or business stakeholders.
- Create, analyze, and validate detailed functional specifications.
- Work with technical resources to translate requirements into technical solutions.
- Participate in IST and/or UAT and provide system training as required.
- Work with business and technical teams on the design, development, implementation, and integration of business applications.
- Document complex business processes and data integration points and map business processes.
- Produce deliverables within specified quality standards.
- Review and provide input on test strategies, plans, and test cases to ensure they adequately cover the defined business requirements.
- Facilitate requirements gathering and validation workshops.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of experience as ERP System Analyst working on multi-system integration projects.
- 3 years of experience in the use of Microsoft Dynamics NAV, or GP or Business Central, particularly in the Finance and BI report modules.
- Ability to map various processes, test cases, data, and system integrations.
- Translate business needs into technical solutions.
- Experience capturing functional and non-functional requirements.
- Experience facilitating meetings, workshops, training sessions with stakeholders.
- Proven ability to deliver clear and concise documentation.
- Experience with planning and executing System Integration Tests and/or User Acceptance testing (UAT).
- Proven ability to communicate with all levels of management, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask and work with minimal supervision.
- Experience with IT projects involving multi-disciplinary teams operating in a fast-paced, innovation driven environment.
- Previous experience working on ERP implementation projects strongly desired.
- Experience with agile methodology and non-structured processes.
- Experience managing small projects, or exposure to the end-to-end project lifecycle, or managing substantial parts of the project lifecycle is beneficial.
- Understanding of relational database structures using mySQL or Microsoft SQL.
- Strong experience in Microsoft applications in the Office 365 library including Word, Excel, Teams and Outlook.
- Very good prioritization skills to balance key priorities and work within tight deadlines.
- Must be available to travel throughout North America.
What we have to offer
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career.
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference
Job Type: 1-Year Contract
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
Work remotely: No
- Personal Protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place