FedDev Ontario invests in new manufacturing facility in Oakville
$1.45 million to accelerate growth, manufacture parts in-house and create 16 new jobs
Media Resources CEO Jeff Rushton (left) shakes hands with Oakville MP John Oliver (right)John Oliver, Member of Parliament for Oakville, visited Media Resources Inc., an integrated sign manufacturing and services company, and acknowledged a FedDev Ontario contribution of $1.45 million to retrofit its Oakville facility with leading-edge equipment.
As a leader in the sign and display industry in Canada and the United States, Media Resources Inc. provides large format printing, digital LED displays, 3D fabrication and sign installation services to the billboard, advertising, commercial sign, sports and building sectors. The company’s fastest growing area is its Digital Display Division, which manufactures indoor and outdoor digital LED signage.
With FedDev Ontario’s contribution, Media Resources Inc. will scale up this division by acquiring advanced manufacturing equipment and automation technologies for the new facility to support in-house production of the vital components of digital LED displays. Until now, the company has had to source these components from outside of Canada.
With its new fully automated facility, Media Resources Inc. will be able to improve its quality management, reduce costs, meet increased customer demand, and boost market competitiveness as a one-stop manufacturer and service provider of Canadian-made digital LED signage. In addition, at least 16 new full-time jobs will be created in Oakville, and will support skills development and training in the fields of robotics and automation.
“Today’s investment in Media Resources Inc. supports an innovative company to scale up and manufacture essential components right here in Canada. Media Resources Inc. will now be able to incorporate advanced automation technologies that will boost economic growth and create good-paying jobs for Canadians.”
— The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario
“This FedDev Ontario funding represents an important investment in Canadian-made products and services. The Government of Canada is pleased to support Media Resources Inc. as it expands operations, further develops its full-service capabilities, and strengthens the local workforce.”
— John Oliver, Member of Parliament for Oakville
“As a Canadian manufacturing business with very strong growth in export, the stability, quality and competitiveness of our supply chain is critical to our future. Thanks to FedDev Ontario support for this project, Media Resources is able to construct a state of the art LED module production plant in Oakville to replace production currently outsourced to overseas contract manufacturers. Besides protecting Canadian intellectual property, we will employ new technical staff to operate the production system, support our local fabricators and suppliers, and expect an expansion in our business overall.”
— Jeff Rushton, President and CEO, Media Resources Inc.
- Established in 1967, Media Resources Inc. is currently the only signage company in Canada capable of offering a full suite of services, including engineering, manufacturing, printing, installation and maintenance of products.
- Operating from its 57,000-square-foot primary manufacturing facility in Oakville, Media Resources Inc. has offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, and Fort Mills, South Carolina, and creates digital displays or all sources, sign installation services, large format digital formatting and customized 3D sculptures and props for customers across North and South America.
- In 2017, Media Resources Inc. was named one of the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 in Canada, and one of the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 in North America. The company is also a participant in the Government of Canada’s Accelerated Growth Services
- FedDev Ontario’s repayable contribution of $1.45 million for Media Resources Inc. will leverage an additional $2.7 million in private sector investment.
- This year marks 10 years of FedDev Ontario delivering funding and business services to support innovation and growth in southern Ontario.
Toll Free: 1-866-593-5505